Friday, August 22, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

Photo credit: Shortstuff411

I don't like ironing clothing - so I don't usually do it.

This morning, to avoid the "I just pulled this out of the laundry basket, where it's been sitting for 3 days" look, Casey's outfit needed pressing (don't like to fold laundry either). So being the dutiful wife that I am (and because the iron was already out for crafting) I began pressing Casey's clothes. Then I hear an incredulous 5-yo voice at my side.

T: "Mommy, what's that?"

M: "Daddy's shorts."

T: "WHAT are you doooiinng?"

M: "I'm ironing them."

T: "Why?"

M: "They're wrinkled."

T: (befuddled) "Oh"

Just another proud mommy moment!

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

1 comment:

Grumpy said...

I don't get it, why is ironing and crafting okay but iron clothes is not?! (curious - cause I'm the same!)

My ha ha moment - apparently I was 5 when I saw my first iron too and the same question came out... my mum said it was hilarious! So you aren't alone!