Thursday, October 26, 2006

If Pretty Little Bluebirds Fly...

Many works in progress around here, and while I'd like to blame my slacker-posting on that - the ugly truth is I've just been lazy about getting photos taken and posted.

We're (the kids & I) having fun reading (I'm enjoying this and this) and learning and studying, as well as crafting and sewing, and knitting and getting things organized to take photos (since I'm so good at that) keeps getting bumped to the end of the list. Then I feel bad about posting without pictures (kind of dull) so I just don't post - not a good cycle.

Today as soon as the sun came out (well as much as it's going to) I dragged everything out and grabbed the camera. Daddy's not available to take my photos this weekend so I just decided to bite the bullet and go for it - bear with me please.

Here is Toby on his birthday - he turned 4 this past Monday and we had fun - just family and lots of fun.

Borthday Boy

This is another tea towel I'm working on (Christmas gifts) - they are fun and I'm really enjoying making each of them. I am making 4 each of 3 different designs. You've seen the cherries and now the bluebirds. You'll have to wait for design #3 (probably next weekend).
birdies

These are Toby's birthday socks - yes I realize I'm past the deadline; I am waiting to finish them during the class I'm teaching, as the example. They are made from 1 skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in the color Rainbow and I'm using size 3 needles (2-circulars) with just a basic 2 x 2 ribbed leg sock pattern.

Toby's Socks

Here is a finished patchwork baby bib. I think they turned out really cute and they are such fun to make. I've got 10 of them for sale in my shop . Several of them coordinate, but each of them is completely unique. They are made from 100% cotton fabric, batting, and thread with hand-dyed batiks and poly/cotton blend trim & ties. All are quilted and all are one of a kind.

Patchwork Funky Baby Bib

I'm still working on the sock knitting totes - hopefully finished up by the weekend. The converted garage/craftroom isn't heated so I find myself avoiding it in the early mornings and late evenings (prime sewing times at my house). I located the space heater yesterday and things are warming up!

Still looking forward to knit night!

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

1 comment:

Louise said...

I spotted your wonderful tea towels on Sew i knit and was so taken with them I thought I would pop over to see your site. I think this is such a simply idea for a gift - you have inspired me...
Lx