Friday, October 21, 2005

Mittens, socks, and Shawls, oh My!

I've joined another KAL - for mittens this time. Sandy is hosting this one and I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to make mittens for the kids out of leftover Zara Plus wool that I have in my stash. Hey it counts for stashbusting too - Yippee!!

I also joined Sandy's Charlotte's web KAL. Everyone seemed to have som much fun making that last year I thought I'd join in - it's a good way to go ahead and get my MIL Christmas gift out of the way for next year - plus it's an excuse to drive to Chatanooga to visit my friends at Genuine Purl b/c we don't carry Koigu and I'm not too likely to shop at any of the other 10 or so shops in the area. - Besides I've been looking for an excuse to get up there.

Little Girl Munchkin has an ear infection. It came on fast and hard yesterday afternoon so she'll be off to the doctor ASAP. Toby's socks should be finished on time - I made one completely and it's too small so I started a larger pair and they are going very quickly - easy to knit for tiny feet.

I've been promising patterns I know I know - they will be here this weekend along with photos (I hope) and another fun surprise.

I missed knit Night b/c of little munchkin, but it's fine I'll catch up with everyone next week.

I'll keep you posted!

AmyDe

No comments: